Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 24...Pictured Rock National Lakeshore Part 2

View of the lake from the Chapel Rock trail. It seems like everything in this forest is in a big rush to grow and mature. So many trees and so many flowers and shrub's on the ground. Jagdish and I argued about the length of the trail , if it was medium long or just medium (I did not have Frank and others to support me) so we ended up doing about 6.5 mile trail and saw beautiful vistas.


A river going to the lake and in the process making a water fall.



I had to do my mendatory dipping the toes in the water. I am happy to report that lake Superior ties with our Pacific Ocean (Bay Area) in terms of temp. and quality of sand.






Chapel Rock. It is amazing how the big pine tree is growing on seemingly no soil at all.




Chapel Water Fall: The picture does not do justice to the fall.



So, overall it was a wonderful day. the rain God co-operated and as soon as we came back it poured and it is going to be stormy tonight. Weather here is very predictably changable. Good night and thanks for listening. Send me your suggestions as we make our way back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment