Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 3 Zion National Park

Weeping Rock


Vistas from the trail


Temple Rock


Emerald Pool Trail


Top of Angles Landing


Today was a full Zion day. It started at 7:30, we were the first people on the Angles Landing trail , 5miles and 1560 feet elevation gain. I am proud to say we did it in two and a half hours. ( I am nursing my knee now :(
Day was beautiful. Total of ten miles of hikes, Emerald Pools, Weeping rocks and Narrows ( just to the entrance). We used the shuttle and that's the best thing ever happened to a national park. I wish others will follow. It is free and circles the parks all the time from 7am to 10pm , every 7 minutes.
It is a wonderful park, amazing sandstone rock formations. We hada wonderful and full day here.

3 comments:

  1. You guys are little crazy to do very ambiciosu trip but it should be fun and beautiful nature.
    Safe trip.

    Isao

    ReplyDelete
  2. zion in the springtime looks beautiful- much greener than when we were there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love visiting national parks. Just added one more to my list. Awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete